Ruby New Zealand
Ruby in Aotearoa New Zealand
Ruby New Zealand is a community of people who are passionate about Ruby and want to help make it more accessible to you in New Zealand.
Join the Community
For code chat, job listings, ruby help, keyboard nerdery, and banter, join us on Slack. We're also on Twitter at @RubyNewZealand.
Check and update your membership, or register to become a member. Becoming a member means that you can have your say in the Ruby AGM ✨
- Auckland: This is a monthly group that explores the use of Ruby. Welcomes anyone interested in the language!
- Wellington: WellRailed: Wellington's Ruby on Rails Community Group
- Christchurch: Super friendly group of programmers meeting monthly to discuss all things about the Ruby programming language.
Do you run a meetup that's not listed here? Make a pull request to add yours to the site.
Code of Conduct
Ruby New Zealand has a code of conduct for all its events, projects, and services that members are expected to abide by. An up-to-date copy is available here.
Ruby New Zealand fosters and supports the Ruby programming language, its users and community in New Zealand. It assists with community events such as local meetups, Rails Camps and Rails Girls, and helps ensure these are safe and welcoming spaces.
Ruby NZ was incorporated on June 5th 2014, and is Society #2606303.
Read about the Rules of Ruby New Zealand Incorporated from here.
After the vote held during the AGM held on August 19, 2021 the committee was:
- President: Ben Tillman
- Secretary: Michael Yin
- Treasurer: Hannah Oldroyd
- Dan Lawler
- Eaden McKee
- Edu Depetris
- Mark Haylock
- Sarah Hay
Older minutes can be found on GitHub.
Past Committee Members
- Pete Nicholls(secretary 2020-2021)
- Rebecca Pinheiro (general member 2020-2021)
- Dmitry Rocha (general member 2020-2021)
- Edimo Sousa Silva (general member 2020-2021)
- Laura Harnett (general member 2019-2020)
- Mathew Hartley (general member 2019-2020)
- Anthony Mace (general member 2019-2020)
- Andrew Pett (secretary 2019-2020)
- Steve Hoeksema (treasurer 2016-2020)
- Juri Hahn (general member 2016-2017, 2018-2019)
- Charles Peach (general member 2016-2018, president 2018-2019)
- Mai Nguyen (secretary 2018-2019)
- Charlie Ablett (general member 2018-2019)
- Samuel Williams (general member 2018-2019)
- Amanda Wagener (general member 2017-2018 and 2014-2015, president 2016-2017, secretary 2015-2016)
- Daniel Fone (secretary 2016-2018)
- Patrick Davey (general member 2017-2018)
- Max Hung (general member 2017-2018)
- Raquel Moss (president 2017-2018, general member 2016-2017)
- Merrin Macleod (secretary 2014-2015, general member 2016-2017, president 2020-2021)
- Eoin Kelly (treasurer 2014-2016)
- Philip Arndt (president 2014-2016, treasurer 2020-2021)
- Megan Bowra-Dean (general member 2015-2016)
- James Harton (general member 2014-2016)
- Breccan McLeod-Lundy (general member 2014-2015)
- Nahum Wild (general member 2014-2015)
Slack ModeratorsMembers of the committee moderate Slack to make sure that we're all following the Code of Conduct. If you have questions or concerns, you can contact our moderators on Slack. They might not always be online, so send them a direct message if you need to talk to them.
- @ben tillman
- @Hannah Oldroyd
- @Edu Depetris