Check and update your membership, or register to become a member. Becoming a member means that you can have your say in the Ruby AGM ✨
- Auckland: This is a monthly group that explores the use of Ruby. Welcomes anyone interested in the language!
- Wellington: WellRailed: Wellington's Ruby on Rails Community Group
- Christchurch: Super friendly group of programmers meeting monthly to discuss all things about the Ruby programming language.
Do you run a meetup that's not listed here? Make a pull request to add yours to the site.
Code of Conduct
Ruby New Zealand has a code of conduct for all its events, projects, and services that members are expected to abide by. An up-to-date copy is available here.
Ruby New Zealand fosters and supports the Ruby programming language, its users and community in New Zealand. It assists with community events such as local meetups, Rails Camps and Rails Girls, and helps ensure these are safe and welcoming spaces.
Ruby NZ was incorporated on June 5th 2014, and is Society #2606303.
After the vote held during the AGM held on the Ruby NZ Slack on April 8, 2019 the committee was:
- President: Merrin Macleod
- Secretary: Andrew Pett
- Treasurer: Steve Hoeksema
- General Members:
Committee meeting minutes are available publicly from April 2019 onwards.
Past Committee Members
- Juri Hahn (general member 2016-2017, 2018-2019)
- Charles Peach (general member 2016-2018, president 2018-2019)
- Mai Nguyen (secretary 2018-2019)
- Charlie Ablett (general member 2018-2019)
- Samuel Williams (general member 2018-2019)
- Amanda Wagener (general member 2017-2018 and 2014-2015, president 2016-2017, secretary 2015-2016)
- Daniel Fone (secretary 2016-2018)
- Patrick Davey (general member 2017-2018)
- Max Hung (general member 2017-2018)
- Raquel Moss (president 2017-2018, general member 2016-2017)
- Merrin Macleod (secretary 2014-2015, general member 2016-2017)
- Eoin Kelly (treasurer 2014-2016)
- Philip Arndt (president 2014-2016)
- Megan Bowra-Dean (general member 2015-2016)
- James Harton (general member 2014-2016)
- Breccan McLeod-Lundy (general member 2014-2015)
- Nahum Wild (general member 2014-2015)
Slack ModeratorsMembers of the committee moderate Slack to make sure that we're all following the Code of Conduct. If you have questions or concerns, you can contact our moderators on Slack. They might not always be online, so send them a direct message if you need to talk to them.