Check and update your membership, or register to become a member. Becoming a member means that you can have your say in the Ruby AGM ✨
- Auckland: This is a monthly group that explores the use of Ruby. Welcomes anyone interested in the language!
- Wellington: WellRailed: Wellington's Ruby on Rails Community Group
- Wellington Railsn00bs: A monthly-ish meetup that welcomes beginners of all types. If you're new to coding, or new to Ruby or Rails, go along.
- Christchurch: Super friendly group of programmers meeting monthly to discuss all things about the Ruby programming language.
Do you run a meetup that's not listed here? Make a pull request to add yours to the site.
- Kiwi Ruby, a good conference, was held in Wellington on November 2-3, 2017.
- Rails Camp NZ #7 was held in February 2017.
Event organisers should familiarise themselves with the committee's advice on NZ legislation.
Code of Conduct
Ruby New Zealand has a code of conduct for all its events, projects, and services that members are expected to abide by. An up-to-date copy is available here.
Ruby New Zealand fosters and supports the Ruby programming language, its users and community in New Zealand. It assists with community events such as local meetups, Rails Camps and Rails Girls, and helps ensure these are safe and welcoming spaces.
Ruby NZ was incorporated on June 5th 2014, and is Society #2606303.
After the vote held at Rails Camp NZ #7 on Feb 24, 2017 the committee was:
- President: Raquel Moss
- Secretary: Daniel Fone
- Treasurer: Steve Hoeksema
- General Members:
Changes Feb 27, 2018
Special thanks to Raquel Moss for leading the current committee 2017-2018!
Past Committee Members
- Raquel Moss (president 2017-2018, general member 2016-2017)
- Merrin Macleod (secretary 2014-2015, general member 2016-2017)
- Juri Hahn (general member 2016-2017)
- Eoin Kelly (treasurer 2014-2016)
- Philip Arndt (president 2014-2016)
- Megan Bowra-Dean (general member 2015-2016)
- James Harton (general member 2014-2016)
- Breccan Mcleod-Lundy (general member 2014-2015)
- Nahum Wild (general member 2014-2015)
Slack ModeratorsMembers of the committee moderate Slack to make sure that we're all following the Code of Conduct. If you have questions or concerns, you can contact our moderators on Slack. They might not always be online, so send them a direct message if you need to talk to them.
- @awagener - Amanda Wagener
- @charlespeach - Charles Peach
- @maxhungry - Max Hung
- @psdavey - Patrick Davey